3 weeks of Keto is done and I’m down 21 lbs. and feel amazing!
I’m starting to feel the energy levels go up, I’m happier and I seem to wake up and get out of bed easier. I really do think this is something that I can do for the rest of my life and it feels pretty amazing, I feel like I’m taking control of the situation and there is nothing better. I feel better overall and have already noticed less pain when walking, etc.
It’s not all positive though, there are a few things that I consider negatives and things that I still need to tweak and work on.
1. My clothes are fitting better and I’ve noticed a huge change in the walking I do three times a day- faster, less feet pain, etc.
2. The wife and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch yesterday and got the small traditional wings and a salad. I wasn’t aware that the salad came with a breadstick and I wasn’t really happy about that; it looked amazing but there wasn’t even a question; I put it over with the tomatoes (that they forgot to take off) and ignored it. The salad was amazing, we drank water and after we finished, I realized that next time I can go with just a snack size and the salad and it would be enough food! This is going from eating half of an appetizer and a medium order of wings.
3. We finally made a keto friendly version of crackers/chips so we can have some low carb cheese dips, etc and they were amazing. We took our Hammerhead Dough (recipe in the recipe section) and rolled it out thinner, cut it in a bunch of little squares and kicked it a bit longer…until they started getting brown. We added some garlic/onion powder for flavor and they were amazing by themselves and even better in the cheese/jalapeno dip we have. We cut it into about 75 squares and half of that had 9 carbs. It is really high in calories but you don’t have to eat half of them.
1. The weight loss has slowed and I’ve went up and down a few times.
2. I haven’t really started my exercise program the way I wanted yet- I’ve been doing fasted cardio in the morning but I’ve wanted to add so much more, however, I’m still letting life get in the way
3. I’m still obsessed with the scale. I have made myself a promise though, once I see 399 lbs. and I know I’m out of the 400’s, I’m going to try to only weigh about once a month…I just really need to see that number drop into the 300’s.
4. Also…we finally made a keto friendly version of crackers/chips….and YES, that was also positive…but negative because they are SOOO DAMN GOOD I have to eat the entire half! (and could easily eat my wife’s half as well!)
I’m on my way to becoming a Keto Master and I’ve never felt better! I did NOT feel this good back in 2005 when I lost 112 lbs.- that was terrible because I was making myself unhappy and forcing myself to eat foods I really didn’t like and I did something for about a year that I just couldn’t make last. I tried to go without specific things and that isn’t a fun life. There is a keto friendly recipe for just about everything and sugar free stuff is pretty awesome these days.
Keto is the way to go, period.
Love, Peace and Sharkyness