I’m named after my dad…with a “II” added at the end but dad didn’t give too many shits about his first baby boy so he left when I was just a baby.
After my dad left, my mom didn’t want to change my name but couldn’t stand to say my dads name so she started calling me GEORGE from a Looney Tunes cartoon.
This cartoon is called “The Abominable Snow Rabbit” from 1961. Here is the scene-
- Hugo the Abominable Snowman : [holding Daffy, whose shirt makes him look like a rabbit] Oh, what a cute little pink bunny rabbit!
- [cradling Daffy]
- Hugo the Abominable Snowman : Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him…
- Daffy Duck : I’m not a bunny rabbit…
- Hugo the Abominable Snowman : …and pat him and pet him and…
- Daffy Duck : You’re hurting me. Put me down, please.
- Hugo the Abominable Snowman : …and rub him and caress him and…
- Daffy Duck : I AIN’T NO BUNNY RABBIT!
I have no clue why she picked this- maybe she like it as a kid and maybe it just happen to be on the TV around the time my dad headed out for some milk and cigarettes…or maybe I liked it as a kid- no clue- but she called me George up until the day she died. A few other family members called me that as well but I’ve basically removed myself from that side of the family and while I do have it tattooed on my left arm I doubt I’ll ever be called that again since she is no longer here.
Love, Peace and Sharkyness